Precision Arbors & Chucks
Hydra-Lock has developed three classes of hydraulic arbors and chucks that are designed to hold tools and parts, whether they are the most simple or the most complex. We have been designing innovative work-holding solutions since 1947, and have continually led the industry in reliability and accuracy.
Class A: Solid Steel Expanding Sleeve
As the first type of arbor/chuck designed by Hydra-Lock, this solid steel class still offers state-of-the-art advantages to this day:
- Maximum accuracy—standard tolerance of .0002” T.I.R.
- Maximum repeatability to .00003”
- No dirt-collecting slots which minimizes inaccuracies
- Standard expansion of .005” for 1” arbor (additional .002” per extra inch of diameter)
View a list of Class A chucks and arbors here:
Class B: Split Steel Expanding Sleeve
Almost identical to Class A, this type of arbor/chuck utilizes a split steel sleeve instead of solid, allowing it to be more flexible and provide greater expansion for a given pressure.
- Standard expansion of .010” for 1” arbor (additional .004” per extra inch of diameter)
View a list of Class B chucks and arbors here:
Class C: Conform-A-Chuck® / Conform-A-Arbor®
The most unique of the three types of chucks and arbors, our Conform-A products use a special plastic material (Hydra Fibre®) to primarily hold thin-walled parts and tools. Learn more about our Conform-A product line here.